So, you want to know all about free online poker tournaments. Well, for a start, the tournaments are held online and not in a casino, so you can play from the comfort of your own surroundings.
A free online poker tournament is a set number of seats which allows from 100-500 people to join. The free poker type is, as the name says, free to enter, no buy in is required. Others you’ll find do charge an entry fee (buy in) such tournaments tend to have larger cash prizes due to the inherent higher risk.
NoPayPoker for example offers totally free poker tournaments with upto $500 dollars in cash prizes and NO risk of loss as a result of their innovative advertiser supported free poker system.
Poker Tournaments, as opposed to simple single session poker games have placement payouts. So let’s say you and 130 other people join a $500 tournament. The prize money is paid on the top 40 places, paid according to the position finish in http://kartuwarung.com .
When free online poker tournaments starts you are automatically sat at a table with 9 other people. Everyone is giving the same number of chips to start which is anywhere from $1200 or $3000.
Tips for Free Online Poker Tournaments
1) When the tournament starts I try and play a little more careful then I normally would though I do sometimes try and bluff a few wins.
2) In a poker tournament, when you are out, you are out! Blinds increase every few minutes or number of hands. Try to build up a good stack at every opportunity.
3) Some people will only play the blind hands, that means unless they get high pocket pair they will fold until it’s there turn to post blinds. If you are not lucky enough to have a brilliant hand, then give bluffing a go to help build your stack.
4) The blind is always increasing during the tournament so you need to ensure that you build your stack to account for this. At times you need to take a risk!. Often the best way is to play by your gut, sometimes going all in and putting another player all in could turn out to be your lucky hand or final hand at the table.
5) Reaching the final table with a big stack of chips is always the poker players dream come true. If I have a large chip stack I will sometimes kick back and let the low stackers take each other out of the game unless I am giving good cards. Putting more pressure on a player is easier in a tournament then in regular poker tables as unless you win you cannot re-buy and come back to the tournament.
Online Poker Tournaments Summary
Tournaments certainly take more patience and time than if playing a normal hold’em game.
Remember, poker is a card game but essentially a numbers game – a game of probability and statistics, you can’t win them all but if you play you’ll win enough to make consistent profits and have a great time!
Free online poker tournaments are a fun way to play poker without losing your own money and are also great places to learn and practice your game.